1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
“Personal information” is information about a natural person that identifies or describes an individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, physical description, home address, home telephone number, and financial matters readily identifiable to that specific individual.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information may collect and how we may use it.
A. What personal information we collect
• When you create an account, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preference, and credit card information.
• When you share your content with family and friends, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in services, we may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. 85°C will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
B. How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest product announcement, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by notifying us via our “Contact Us Form”.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may use your personal information, including your date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with 85°C, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
• If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
2. Collect and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as race, gender, ethnicity, occupation, language, zip code, area code, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where the Site is being accessed so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
• We may collect information regarding customer activities on the Site and from our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Site, products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this Private Policy.
• We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
3. Cookies and Other Technologies
The Site, online services, interactive applications, email messages and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that the Site and other websites place on your computer’s hard drive to help the Site remember your preferences and provide information targeted to your interest and location. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of the Site people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisement and web searches.
As is true of most internet services, we may gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behavior on the Site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. 85°C may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties
5. Service Providers
85°C shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence – for 85°C to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public important, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure if reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
7. Protection of Personal Information
85°C takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site or the 85°C App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
8. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
9. Access to Personal Information
In the event that 85°C decides to collect and hold personal information, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if 85°C is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using 85°C products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose person information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction.
Children are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information, and we require that children do not submit any personal information to us. This includes submitting personal information as part of a user profile or personalization profile. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own account or make purchases via the Site.
11. Third-Party Sites and Services
The Site may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties – for example, the 85°C Sweets Rewards Program and the 85°C App are powered by LevelUp. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data, contact details, or payment information, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
12. International Users
13. Your California Privacy Disclosures
A. Shine the Light
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within thirty days of receiving such a request.
B. Do Not Track
85°C does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Third parties that have content embedded on the Site such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Site from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from the Site unless you provide it to them directly.
14. Contact Us
85°C Bakery Cafe
Brea, CA 92821
Attention: Customer Service
Last Revised: 02/14/2016